Hack 29 – August 2022
This hackday saw great success on CI for the hack itself. We received no update on the previous hack, where Ryan may or may not have created a self-aware espresso machine that now controls his house. We had some non-tech hacks, which is totally cool. We also saw some chat on the demise of Heroku and how everybody now has to move the stuff they forgot they had to another platform.
Things people did
- Pete hacked on his house move. No pics yet, but soon…
- Panda picked up an issue for the CI on our remotehack site, which auto-commits an update to move the date of the next upcoming hack on to the following month. Scrum master Adam was very pleased. After that, he then attempted to convert his AWS resources to terraform state, somewhat successfully.
- Joe made coffee, and then did chores (also no pics!).
- Piers updated us on the current status of the VW Hack, and how the Turbo button works!
- Ben made us jealous by droping the route for his motobike trek through Europe.
- Adam fixed his terraform code-corpus-api stuff by talking to Panda about it…and then later it unfixed itself. But at least he got viper integrated into his go application, so still a big win!