← Remote Hack
Hack 10 – January 2021
We had our most international day of remote hacks yet, with participants from California and Munich!
Things people did
- Henry joined us from California, where it was 2am! Simultaneously becoming our remote-ist and our most nocturnal hacker.
- Ruth showed people her laser cutter, which she used to etch & cut a jigsaw 🧩⚡️. Then she did some hacking with convolution filters using WebAudio 🎷. She blgged about it here!
- Panda planned to write some software to help keep his plants alive, but instead got sucked into Bens AWS vortex (🌱💀)
- Max intended to work on his LensLok solver, but instead worked on the Airquotes the Podcast Airquotes branding
- Mike used NextJS and MDX to build a blog with dynamic graphs in it!
- Dan learned some Typescript, then taught people AWS, DNS & service features, and then became an elite streamer by mastering OBS
- Ben pulled Dan, Dimitri, Ryan, Panda and everyone down the rabbit hole of LIDAR/PCAP and AWS hacks. (he’s very sorry, but also had a great time.)
- Alan got to grips with static site building with 11ty 👨💻
- Emanuil joined us in the afternoon, and worked on a FOSSJobs site 👍
- Piers told us about his VW Camper hack and chatted about augmented reality, then programmed a microcontroller to measure distances.
- Adam intended to create some statically rendered flashcards with nextJS but ended up just interviewing people and getting a PR Merged into Ruth’s generative artistry website